Wallet (cryptowallet, e-wallet)
A wallet is a file that contains a collection of private keys.
- Desktop wallets allow to send and store crypto addresses and connects to the network to track transactions.
- Online wallets. Crypto keys are stored online by exchange platforms like Coinbase or Circle and can be accessed from anywhere.
- Mobile wallets. Apps that encrypt your bitcoin keys so that you can make payments using your mobile device.
- Paper wallets. Paper wallet services generate a piece of paper with two QR codes on it. One code is the public address at which you receive cryptocurrency, and the other is your private address you can use for spending.
- Hardware wallets. You can use a USB device created specifically to store bitcoin electronically and your private address keys.That is probably the most safe.